- Mario’s initials are MAR, which in Spanish means “sea,” whereas in English it means “disfigure.” I prefer the former definition.
- Mario has three degrees: translation, law, and business.
- Mario is a bad ass. As translated by Google Translator, he is a “culo mal.” (I once looked at how Google translated my blog. I had said “you’re a bad ass.” Google translated that as “usted es un culo mal.”
- Mario is not the typical Spaniard in that:
- he drinks tea, not coffee.
- he doesn’t siesta.
- he speaks English really well. (Sorry if that’s offensive, but I’ve found the average Spaniard’s English skills to be not that high. Remember, I did work in a Spanish high school.)
- he doesn’t like staying out late.
- Mario is a fan of a good tonic water, with or without gin.
- Mario’s least favorite thing he ate in the USA was a marshmallow.
- Mario was very excited to see the following things in the States:
- a yellow school bus
- a mailbox
- a raccoon
- As well as English and Spanish, Mario speaks German and French.
- Mario’s mother and aunt are tied for the best cooks in Zamora. That’s just a fact.
- IT’S HIS BIRTHDAY. He’s old. Wish him a happy birthday!
I hope you all enjoyed my #factsaboutMario. I realize this isn’t Twitter, but I say someone doing that for their friend’s birthday on Twitter, and I liked it. Unfortunately, Mario will never ever have Twitter, so I had to do it on my blog.