So, I love these types of posts. Secretly. I always think they’re so very revealing and fun to read, so here you are.
25 Things About Me
- I believe coffee tastes its best with cream (real, heavy cream) and sweetener, be it sugar, splenda, or stevia.
- I only started to wear scarves when I came to Spain. It’s true; I caved to peer pressure.
- I love all things Halloween, including It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, carving pumpkins, the smell of cinnamon, the so-called spooky decorations. Yep, everything.
- I think boots are super fun to wear, but none come in my size here.
- I have a weakness for carrots. And Kashi crackers. They are both crack.
- I met the love of my life in September 2009 and one week later, when he asked me to be his girlfriend, I said yes.
- I really like watching Spanish children’s shows. What? They’re easy to understand.
- I travel on airplanes far too much. I have my likes and dislikes and, somehow, I never get all my likes at once.
- I am much happier when it’s sunny.
- Spanish is my favorite language, but I’m starting to think that I’m biased. (It’s also the easiest now for me, after English, of course.)
- I really like little children; their sweetness makes me happy.
- I don’t really listen to lots of hip-hop music, but once in a while, especially in the company of a certain redhead, I can be persuaded.
- I’ve never felt more American than when I’ve been in Europe.
- Being out of my home country has had a strange way of stirring up patriotic emotions. Also, yes, I will get defensive if you insult us with stereotypes.
- I think dryers are an essential part of life. And Spain lacks them. No fresh out of the dyer towels? You are now reduced to third world country.
- I find The Daily Show more informative than CNN, MSNBC, and especially Fox News.
- I like reading. I will read articles on the Internet all day if you let me. Most people waste time on Facebook; I waste time on The Atlantic.
- I read linguistics books for fun.
- I like all vegetables. ALL. I like all fruits, except for melon. Melon = travesty.
- The best drink ever is a lemon shake-up made by my uncle, Steve.
- I really think that Little Mexico in Crawfordsville, IN, has the best Diet Coke on the planet.
- I eat salsa straight up.
- I think feet are pretty gross. I hate toenails the most.
- I make my own salad dressings.
- I love baking for my boy.
So, there you have it, more than you’ve ever wanted to know about yours truly.