I try to write with good grammar, but I’m going to depart a bit from the norm for this parody of some typical first-time in Spain English Conversation Assistant posts I read. This is all in good fun, though, because I too wrote some blog entries like this in the past (think 2009 or 2010). I hope you enjoy!
- omg no dryers
– spanish people eat, like, really late!
– did y’all know that spanish people have their washers in the kitchen! why is that! i will not spend too much time actually thinking about why that could be; i prefer to just laugh about how crazy that is!
– spanish people are, like, so fashionable!
– i loooooooooooove tinto de verano. and also tapas.
– lol, bidets.
– i just can’t stay out as late as they do!
– omg traveling around europe is so easy!
– i traveled one time, so i can write a post on how to pack your bag properly. i have experience.
– spanish schools teach british english, but lol, they say rubber. dirty word!
– milk doesn’t have to be refrigerated! what is this uht madness!
– spanish bureaucracy is the WORST (of course i have never compared this to my own country’s!)
– i still like tapas.
– i gave in and went to starbucks; i know, i know, a crime! i feel shame, but i promise NEVER to go into a mcdonalds. except when really drunk. but i hope to only have vague memories of that.
– i visited a city, so i now know the top 10 sites to see, i am an expert.
– i ate some shrimp and it had eyes. duuuuuuude.
– i am supposed to be teaching english, but i realized i don’t know that much about english. halp!
– post about how much spain has changed me, de verdad, i am a better person and i will become that annoying person back home that always responds with, “well, when i was in Spain”.
– i tried to say peine (spanish for “comb”), but i said pene, and well, my life is basically over.
– i am now fluent in spanish, lol, it only took a year of being in spain but mainly speaking to other american expats! i even dream in spanish, it is true, do try not to be jealous.
Once I got started, I found I couldn’t stop. How my impression of Spain has changed since I first got here, way back in 2008!