I admit, I’m a Googler. (Is that a word? Probably not.) If I don’t know even the most obscure fact that pops into my head, I hurriedly pop online and type my pressing query into my most beloved of all search engines, Google. Cue angels singing. It hardly ever fails. During my time as a frequent Googler, I am certain I have inquired all manner of things. Some of my searches have the potential to embarrass. Luckily, I doubt they will ever come to light. If you are reading this blog, perhaps you Googled something like “Cranky American girl in Spain.” Well, you found me! Welcome!
I had never known this before, but WordPress offers a place to look at the search terms that led people to your site. You can see the most frequent search terms. Those are generally tame, but the one-time ones are hilarious. That’s why I’ve decided to share them with you. Here are some of my favorites:
- “bart simpson cuts homers pants of” - Hmm, I don’t think I’ve ever mentioned Bart cutting Homer’s pants off, but it’s likely happened in the series. Nonetheless, I doubt you really found what you were looking for. Sorry, dude.
- “hairy chest rule” - Is there some sort of hairy chest rule I’m unaware of? If so, tell me now. I might need to start waxing. (Just kidding. Seriously.)
- “teachers which sort of students do you like” - Not the ones I have. I like ones that listen, even if it’s just 50% of the time. Right now I’m averaging around 5%.
- “do spaniards wear uggs” - Nope. If you want to know what Spaniards wear, check out this post.
- “guy drinking salad dressing” - I like salad dressing, but I’m not a guy (I just checked) and I don’t drink it. Well, at least not most of the time.
- “similarity between john lennon and faithhill” - No words!
- “ain’t got no red american express” - I honestly have no idea why this Google search would have led someone to my blog.
- “pig snout dinner” - You want morro. Yes, you can find that here.
- “nerd girl” - Hey, what are you saying here?
But the number one search of all time that led to Y Mucho Más?
SIESTA! I’m glad. I’m quite glad. I am not an expert siesta-taker, but I can direct you to my post about it. You’re welcome. Now, let’s get napping!